Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A SPECIAL SPECIAL DAY

I just let out a big yawn, indicative of the hour.

I am tired.

It has been a long day.

And it's been a long day with little accomplished of significance. I always defer making an entry until it's too late, or at least I make the excuse that it is too late. Not tonight. I will make this entry first and perhaps tomorrow I will have a greater resolve to make an earlier entry.

Barack Obama is the President-elect.

I found the announcement last night, which occurred at 10 PM local time, that he would be the next President of the United States quite emotional, and it was very touching to watch the reactions of the people gathered in the plaza there in Chicago and elsewhere around the nation and world.

The pundits say it was a historical event. More historical than usual, I guess, because the announcement of any new President of the United States is in and of its self a historical event. This one was special, they say, because Barack Obama is black -- at least half black.

But that doesn't matter to me. His election was special because Barak Obama is special.

Every person is special in some way or another.

Those who care about others besides just themselves and put other people's interests above their own are special in a special way. That is where I think Barack Obama falls. I think he is willing to sacrifice to make the world a better place for the regular citizens of the country. That is why I think today is a special day, a very special day.

No comments: