Saturday, February 27, 2010

Working Hard Versus Listening to Your Internal Critic

I've been busy the past few days setting up a new computer and it has taken me away from any entries or much writing. Now, when I just tried to post a blog from Word I had difficulty setting up my blogger account to work with it, so I'll have to figure that out. So for now, I'll just post it the regular old way. Maybe I'll decide that's better anyway. I don't know; I'll have to figure it out.


The comedian, Robin Williams, said something like doing more work isn't the solution. Instead, he said the answer is that your internal critic should be telling you that you could do better.

I guess that is so, but I'm pretty sure Robin Williams probably works harder and longer than many others do in his line of work. So, at the same time that you're the one critic tell you to do better, you also have to work harder.

I don't know if I like that solution. Maybe he didn't like it either. Personally, I think you can work really hard but that you also need a break from working hard, too. And definitely you have to listen to the internal critic, and, from my perspective, you also have to listen to the external critics you think you can believe and trust.

No comments: