Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The President Speaks to Kids at School

I had the good fortune today to listen into President Obama as he spoke to kids at a high school --- I think it was in Virginia. I can't imagine why any parent wouldn't want their child to hear his message. I found it inspiring not only for schoolkids but for old men like me too. As a consequence of listening, I decided to make a commitment to myself to do better than I've been doing. Even at my age, there are things I want to do and achieve and places I aspire to be that require my commitment to hard work and my sacrifice of other pleasures.

President Obama cited several examples of individuals who overcame deprivation and difficult circumstances to succeed. Everyone can do better and should. Everyone can have greater respect for others and try to do their best.

No comments: