Sunday, March 8, 2009

ANYWAY

You just have to make the best of the situation you can. That was the conclusion I made earlier today during a conversation I had at lunch time Shelley and Mike and Kiele present. But the way my mind works these days, I don't remember right off what it was we were discussing. I have to think about it for a minute.

Now I've got it. We were watching 60 Minutes. It was a segment on the individual who had spent something like fifteen years in prison after being falsely accused of rape because the rape victim erroneously identified him as the rapist. It basically told how the two victims --- the falsely incarcerated man and the rape victim --- had reconciled themselves to forgiveness and had gotten past the dilemma.

Another conversation I had briefly with Shelley today involved a statement made to a reporter and reported in the Sunday segment of the newspaper wherein Stephen King made an assessment of riders JR Rowling and Stephanie Meyer. He lauded Rowling's prowess but said Stephanie Meyer couldn't write well. All day I've been wondering if that is true or not and even if it is, what it is that Stephanie Meyer has that her readership wants. I suppose I'd like to find out. I'm not sure whether I would accept the opinion of others on the matter or whether I will have to find out for myself by reading her work.

Anyway, that's it for today for now.

No comments: